Thank you for choosing free tax preparation with United Way of Snohomish County!
Appointments for free tax preparation are intended for families with dependents that have a household income of $55,000 or less. Choose an available appointment that works for you and make sure you have all the necessary documents before arriving.
We cannot prepare your tax return unless you have all of your tax forms, including the following REQUIRED documentation:
We CANNOT prepare your tax return without the required documents listed above. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact the tax help line at 425.374.5530, or by email: email@example.com.
Other important documents to bring to your appointment:
1. Banking information for direct deposit of tax refunds. We highly encourage taxpayers that receive refunds to select direct deposit rather than a mailed check. Please bring your routing and account information with you!
2. Wage statements (W-2, 1099's) and other income documents (Interest or dividend income, retirement pensions, Social Security, etc.)
3. Education expenses, including interest paid on student loans
4. Proof of health insurance if you purchased a plan through the marketplace (you should receive one of these forms: 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C)
5. Mortgage interest paid and any real estate taxes paid
6. Child care/day care expenses - need provider's name, address and tax ID
7. Medical expenses, for taxpayers that are itemizing
8. Any forms that say "Do not throw away, Tax Document."
For a full list of tax forms and documents needed for tax return preparation, please visit our webpage at www.uwsc.org/taxhelp.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you!